Ga terug   Carričretijger Forum > Sollicitatiebrief en cv

Reageren

Discussietools Zoek in deze discussie Weergave
Oud 15 augustus 2013, 12:52
Juniorlid

AlexElbers is on a distinguished road
Standaard Engels cv en motivatiebrief

Hallo iedereen,

Voor het eerst ga ik reageren op een vacature waar een Engels cv en motivatiebrief nodig zijn.
Ik ben heel benieuwd wat jullie er van vinden en hoor graag jullie feedback!

Vacature:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
In this position you are responsible for case management for every product event that occurred within our region. You will assess incoming events and correspondence, and actively coordinate and follow up on event information as well as product returns, while ensuring all information and activities are accurately processed in a global database. You will be interfacing with business units, other internal departments and field representatives, monitoring how the investigation progresses. Being the centralized focal point for feedback on the performance of Medtronic products, you have a key role in customer support and communications, providing timely feedback and support on all product events and activities. At Medtronic, we continuously strive to improve our processes and efficiency, while maintaining highest quality and safety levels. Within this role you are expected to actively contribute to this goal.

YOUR PROFILE

MBO++ or Bachelors degree
Work experience in complaint management, regulatory affairs and/ or customer service
Fluency in English

To be successful in this role, you combine a keen eye for details with on one hand excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and on the other hand strong analytical and problem solving skills. You show a solid customer focus and a distinct drive for results while upholding the highest quality standards and you are well able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects at the same time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alvast bedankt!
Bijgevoegde bestanden
Bestandstype: doc Motivatie Engels.doc‎ (23,5 KB, 1795x gelezen)
Bestandstype: doc CV Engels.doc‎ (35,0 KB, 1069x gelezen)
Met citaat reageren
Oud 3 september 2013, 19:44
Juniorlid

Jutka is on a distinguished road
Standaard

xxxxxx, 15th of august 2013,

De maand moet altijd met een hoofdletter, dus 15th of August 2013. Overigens kun je ook gewoon 15 August 2013 schrijven, dat vind ik persoonlijk netter staan, maar ik denk dat dat een kwestie van smaak is.

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern is hetzelfde als L.S. in het Nederlands. Ik zou het niet gebruiken. Als je geen naam weet zou ik "Dear Sir, Madam," gebruiken.

With great interest I have read the job details for the position of complaint coordinator. My qualifications very closely meet the needs outlined in the advertisement.

De zinsbouw is een beetje vreemd. In "With great interest I have read" mag je "have" weglaten. De zinsbouw komt op mij ook wat geforceerd over, je kunt aan de zinsbouw zien dat hij vertaalt is uit het Nederlands of het Duits. Je kunt ook "It is with great interest that I read..." doen als je de zin niet met "I" wilt beginnen.

"My qualifications very closely meet" is de verkeerde volgorde. "My qualifications meet the needs outlined in your advertisement very closely" zou beter zijn.

In my previous position one of my main priorities was to address any issues that might occur during the transport of a parcel.
I like to get to the bottom of issues, so that the issue can get resolved at the core.

"the issue can get resolved" zou ik "the issue can be resolved" van maken.

What drives me is achieving results, I have a strong focus on customer service and a keen eye on mutual interests and maintaining a professional relationship. I can quickly adapt to new situations and know how to get maximum results out a situation even if compromises need to be made.

tussen "achieving results" en "I have a strong focus" zou ik een punt zetten in plaats van een komma.

"I can quickly adapt" zou ik "I can adapt to new situations quickly" van maken.

"and know how" staat nu op zichzelf (verwijst niet naar de "I'" aan het begin van de zin, dus daar zou ik "and I know" van maken.

Because of my broad experience, in different expertise’s (among others, Logistics, Returns and Customer service), I am very versatile, and because of this I believe that I could make a significant and valuable contribution in your firm.

In plaats van "Because of" zou ik "Due to" gebruiken. Tussen "my broad experience" en "in different expertises" mag je de komma weglaten en expertise zou ik niet gebruiken, misschien is departments in dit geval toepasselijker. Expertise is in het Engels ontelbaar.

"among others" komt na de rij voorbeelden, dus "Logistics, Returns and Customer service, among others.

I have enclosed a copy of my resume to provide you with an overview of my skills and experience.

I would be pleased to review my qualifications in more detail during an interview with you. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call me.

Yours truly,
"Yours truly" suggereert dat je al eens kennis hebt gemaakt, "Yours faithfully" is in een zakelijke brief naar een onbekende netter.

Wat betreft je C.V:

"Personalia" kennen ze volgens mij niet. Je kunt je C.V. beginnen met:

Jan Jansen
Hoofdstraat 1
1234 AB Dorp
The Netherlands

Telephone: +31123456789
Mobile: +31123456789
Email: janjansen@email.com

"Enthusiastic, Dependable, Stress resilient, organizer, optimistic analytic, hands-on."
In plaats van "Enthusiastic" zou ik voor "motivated" kiezen, dat klinkt wat zakelijker. Dependable hoeft niet met een hoofdletter, stress-resilient is met een streepje niet met een spatie. In plaats van "organizer" zou ik "organised" gebruiken, past beter in het rijtje. Overigens schrijven ze in de VS organized en in Engeland organised. Ik weet waar het bedrijf zich bevindt waar je solliciteert. Verder ben je een komma vergeten achter "optimistic".

"I have an eye for mutual interests and creating results."
Dit zeg je ook in je begeleidende brief, ik zou het niet in beiden doen.

Je gebruikt "pre-university education" en "post-secondary college". "College" is een vorm van post-secondary education, dus "post-secondary college" is volgens mij twee keer hetzelfde. Heb je het over HBO en HBO-plus? Ik zou dan denk ik kiezen voor "College" en "Pre-university College". Overigens wordt HBO nu officieel vertaald met University of Applied Sciences.

"High school" zou ik alleen gebruiken als het in het Amerikaans Engels moet, anders is het secondary school. Je kunt ook voor secondary education gaan.

"Responsible for" = "Responsibilities"

"All tasks that" -> "All tasks which"

"departments Returns, Customer service and Pick/Pack"
"the Returns, Curstomer Service and Pick/Pack departments."

"Directly" met een hoofdletter.

Getallen onder de twintig en tientallen voluit schrijven.

"the department Customer Service" = the Customer Service department.

Je gebruikt "from the department" en "for the department" door elkaar. Ik zou dan steeds "from the department" gebruiken. Let ook op dat als je de afdelingsnamen met hoofdletters schrijft, dat je dat consequent blijf doen. Verderop in de tekst staan ze weer vermeld zonder hoofdletters.

"Team leader" is twee woorden.

"Indirect" = "Indirectly"

"Personal" = "personnel" of "employees".

"Bi-yearly" is dat tweejaarlijks of tweemaal per jaar? In het laatste geval zou ik, om verwarring te voorkomen "semiyearly" gebruiken. Streepje mag je sowieso weglaten.

"And make sure" = "and making sure"

"Follow processes and where necessary make improvements;"
"Following processes and making improvements where necesary"

"Maintaining and improve good relationships"
"Maintaining and improving"

"Implement and monitoring"
"Implementing and monitoring"

"Besides the daily tasks" = "Daily tasks"

"Improvements made to the pick line, by creating..."
Komma mag weg.

Hierna gebruik je en paar keer "among others" aan het begin van of midden in de zin, dat moet aan het eind, na een komma.

Na een dubbele punt komt een kleine letter.

Work floor is een Dutchism. Gebruik in plaats daarvan shop floor of factory floor.

"Leading 6 order pickers, prioritize express orders, determine proper location of orders on the work floor, stock replenishment"
Als je de continous (-ing) vorm gebruikt, wees daar dan consequent in. Dus:
"Leading six order pickers, prioritizing express orders, determining proper location of orderson the factory/shop floor, replenishing of stock."

Ik hoop dat je er wat mee kunt. Succes met je sollicitatie!
Met citaat reageren
Oud 10 september 2013, 23:46
Niet geregistreerd
Gast

Smile

Hoi Jutka,

Bedankt voor de uitgebreide feedback!
Hier kan ik zeker mee aan de slag!

Nogmaals bedankt
Met citaat reageren
Reageren

Favorieten/bladwijzers