Carrièretijger

RSS
Ga terug   Carričretijger Forum > Sollicitatiebrief en cv

Reageren

Discussietools Zoek in deze discussie Weergave
Oud 9 december 2009, 16:51
Lid

lidwien is on a distinguished road
Standaard Motivatiebrief traineeship (Engels)

Beste mensen,

Hierbij een engelse motivatiebrief ter verbetering. Alle commentaar is welkom. De brief is in het engels geschreven omdat de vacature ook in het engels is
. Bedankt voor de moeite!

Dear Recruiter,

What person with a passion for marketing and a global mindset wouldn’t want to bring ambition and talent to a worldwide producer of fast-moving consumer goods, like xxx? With enthusiasm I am applying for the marketing management trainee position (xxxx) as advertised at the xxxxx website.

My strong academic record in International Business and Languages and Communication and Information Sciences, will allow me to contribute to xxxx as a future leader in Marketing. The focus of my thesis I wrote for my last study, the influence of print ads on the complexity, appreciation and buying interest, shows that I not only have a passion for marketing but also for fast-moving consumer goods.

A global mindset, required for the marketing management traineeship, I obtained through studying, working and travelling abroad. During my first study I studied a semester in France and I fulfilled an internship at xxxxxx in Luxembourg. Short after my second study I travelled through South America. Last year I have been working as a dive instructor in Colombia.

Besides further improving my language and communication skills in my most recent experience I daily worked in a team, led boat excursions and took responsibility for people. Together with my experience as a communication advisor, a profession where owning an external focus is essential, I am confident that xxxx and I can be extremely meaningful for each other.

I am convinced that an exchange of information would be of mutual interest and benefit. Please review my background and allow me the opportunity to qualify my belief that I have the requirements and capacity for making important contributions. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Kind regards,
xxxxxx
Met citaat reageren
Oud 10 december 2009, 11:49
Lid

MJM is on a distinguished road
Standaard Re: Motivatiebrief traineeship

Hoi Lidwien,

Je brief is in principe goed voor zover ik het in een eerste oogopslag kan zien. Het valt me wel op dat je lang zinnen gebruikt met veel bijzinnen (en komma's). Ik zou daar als ik jou was nog een keertje naar kijken en proberen die zinnen op te splitsen. Dat zou de leesbaarheid wat vergroten.

"During my first study I studied a semester in France and I fulfilled an internship at xxxxxx in Luxembourg. Short after my second study I travelled through South America. Last year I have been working as a dive instructor in Colombia."
Dit is vrij uitgebreid en staat ook in je cv. Ik denk dat je het wilt gebruiken als voorbeelden van je global mindset maar ik zou dat iets minder uitgebreid doen. Dan kun je misschien nog iets meer proberen je ervaringen te linken aan de functie-eisen... Mochten die niet voldoende zijn dan zou je iets kunnen bedenken als "I can imagine a person who works for XXX needs skills such as ...." of "needs to be ... " waarna je daar op in probeert te gaan. Meedenken met de recruiter wordt zeker gewaardeerd!

Nog een laatste puntje.. is International Business and Languages and Communication and Information Sciences je opleiding of is dat meer de richting die je in je opleiding bent ingeslagen? Als het eerste dan ok, als het tweede dan zou ik dat iets anders formuleren.

Succes!
Met citaat reageren
Oud 30 december 2009, 21:05
Juniorlid

shaded is on a distinguished road

Hoi Lidwien,

I am an english native speaker and think you need to rewrite this letter. I do not want to sound disrespectful but your cover letter comes across superficial and arrogant. First things first

A) What is the name of the recruiter ?? Please add

B) Shorten all your sentences & please confirm if you degree is truly xxxx and xxx and xxx

C) Marketing management- what is this exactly & what have you done specifically ( study /work ) which gives one the impression that you are suitable ??

D) Global mindsets : Try and focus on how your international study & travel allowed you to broaden your skills / knowledge in a cultural diverse manner so that it applicable to the job application

best regards

Donna
Met citaat reageren
Oud 30 december 2009, 21:06
Juniorlid

shaded is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I forgot to add that you can send me a revised version of letter if you want. I am not an expert but i can check you english and maybe look at content again

rgds
Donna .
Met citaat reageren
Reageren

Favorieten/bladwijzers

Discussietools Zoek in deze discussie
Zoek in deze discussie:

Geavanceerd zoeken
Weergave

Regels voor berichten