Carrièretijger

RSS
Ga terug   Carrièretijger Forum > Sollicitatiebrief en cv

Reageren

Discussietools Zoek in deze discussie Weergave
Oud 6 mei 2013, 13:01
Veteraan

Maarten_W is on a distinguished road
Standaard Sollicitatiebrief Project Manager XX (Engels)

Hi Tigers,

Voor het eerst ben ik van plan om te solliciteren bij een organisatie waar Engels de voertaal is. Nu red ik me behoorlijk in die taal maar een sollicitatiebrief heb ik nog niet eerder in het Engels geschreven. Alle feedback is dus welkom.

Dear Ms X,

Last year I travelled the world on my bicycle. One of the discoveries a made was not about the journey but about being back home: I want a job where I can make a difference. I am writing to you in regards to the position of Project Manager XX. I consider that my credentials and interests meet your requirements; therefore I wish to apply for the position.

I love IT when it brings solutions and when users get enthusiastic about the new possibilities. I achieved this in various complex ERP implementation projects, in which I had a leading role. My strength as a project manager in the IT business is to be an intermediary between software developers and the customer. By performing due diligence on what is needed and clearly define the goals of a project I establish an outcome which is in line with the customers needs. My colleagues appreciate me for my hands on mentality, strong analytical skills and ability to translate the costumer’s wish into software architectural design.

I find it very inspiring to work in an innovative environment. I am creative and can find ingenious solutions but I am also aware of the fact that it is not always wise to reinvent the wheel. Therefore I take a proactive role in seeking cooperation with other organisations that take on an innovative role. This resulted in partnerships from witch both partners benefited.

I believe that my resume demonstrates that I have the complete range of skills and experience to deliver in the advertised position, including the organisational skills and right business mentality. It is harder to demonstrate in a resume the personal believes and eagerness to contribute to a sustainable future.

In Cambodia I saw the devastating consequences of deforestation and in Uzbekistan I saw the lifeless waters caused by cotton production and how farming families have to live. In my personal life I make sustainable choices; for example by actively participating in a neighbourhood energy saving programme. Working for XXX would be an opportunity to put my professionals skills to use for a positive change.

I look forward hearing from you soon. I am available for interview at your convenience.

Yours sincerely,

Maarten
Met citaat reageren
Oud 11 mei 2013, 18:49
Seniorlid

Helena is on a distinguished road
Standaard

Hoi Maarten,

Ik zou je graag wat feedback geven. De feedback betreft voornamelijk taalvormen. Here goes!

Dear Ms X,

Last year I travelled the world on my bicycle. Within this experience I had a personal revelation: whilst travelling far abroad I realized I wanted a job in which I can make a difference to the world. For this reason I am applying to the position of Project Manager XX at your organization. I believe my credentials and interests meet the job requirements. Moreover, I believe my values and experience meet the values and atmosphere of your organization!

I love IT, for it brings solutions, and I love it when consumers become enthusiastic about the new possibilities. I saw this enthusiasm in various complex ERP implementation projects, in which I had a leading role. My strength as a project manager in the IT business is to be an intermediary between software developers and the customer. By performing due diligence on what is needed and clearly define the goals of a project I establish an outcome which is in line with the customers needs. My colleagues appreciate me for my hands on mentality, strong analytical skills and ability to translate the costumer’s wish into software architectural design.

I find it very inspiring to work in an innovative environment. I am creative and can find ingenious solutions but I am also aware of the fact that it is not always wise to reinvent the wheel. Therefore I take a proactive role in seeking cooperation with other organisations that take on an innovative role. This resulted in partnerships from witch both partners benefited. Ik vind dat je hier teveel met 'ik' begint. Probeer eerst eens iets te zeggen over het bedrijf, en daarná hoe jij daar met jouw wensen en kwaliteiten bij aansluit.

I believe that my resume demonstrates that I have the complete range of skills and experience to deliver in the advertised position, including the organisational skills and right business mentality. It is harder to demonstrate in a resume the personal believes and eagerness to contribute to a sustainable future. Ik begrijp niet zo goed waarom je deze alinea toevoegt. M.i. hoort hij bij de volgende en ik zou hem eerder zó starten: "Allthough my resume demonstrates my complete range of skills and experience within the IT, I also wish to convey my personal values and beliefs, which I think are in line with those of your organization.

In Cambodia I saw the devastating consequences of deforestation and in Uzbekistan I saw the lifeless waters caused by cotton production and how farming families had to live. Processes in which I belief every single person can make changes in order to achieve a combined, big difference. In my personal life I try to make sustainable choices. For example by actively participating in a neighbourhood energy saving programme. Working for XXX would be an opportunity to put my professionals skills to use for a positive change: an opportunity which is of great personal value.

Therefore, I look forward hearing from you soon. I am available for interviews at your convenience.

Yours sincerely,

Hopelijk heb je er wat aan!
Groeten Helena
Met citaat reageren
Oud 11 mei 2013, 21:18
Veteraan

Standaard

Hoi Helena,

Dank je wel voor je feedback. Helaas heb ik de brief - met enkele wijzigingen - gisteren de deur uit gedaan. Maar het zou zomaar kunnen dat ik in de toekomst nog een keer in het Engels solliciteer dus is je feedback zeker niet voor niets.

Groet,

Maarten
Met citaat reageren
Oud 11 mei 2013, 21:20
Seniorlid

Helena is on a distinguished road
Standaard

Hoi Maarten,

Je zou me kunnen 'terug' helpen door ook feedback te geven op mijn brief.

Alvast bedankt.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 15 mei 2013, 00:41
Veteraan

Standaard

Yeah!

Vanavond ben ik gebeld voor een eerst telefonisch solliciatiegesprekje en naar aanleiding daarvan uitgenodigd voor een diepgaander gesprek!

Maarten
Met citaat reageren
Oud 16 mei 2013, 10:51
mariekevanoosterhout's schermafbeelding
Veteraan

mariekevanoosterhout is on a distinguished road
Standaard

Citaat:
en naar aanleiding daarvan uitgenodigd voor een diepgaander gesprek!
Leuk zeg! Wanneer heb je dit gesprek?

Maakt werk van je toekomst!
Met citaat reageren
Oud 16 mei 2013, 11:07
Veteraan

Standaard

Hoi Marieke,

Deze middag heb ik een gesprek met twee medewerkers van het recruitmentbureau.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 21 mei 2013, 16:07
mariekevanoosterhout's schermafbeelding
Veteraan

mariekevanoosterhout is on a distinguished road
Standaard

We zijn inmiddels alweer een paar dagen verder ...
Hoe ging je gesprek, Maarten?

Maakt werk van je toekomst!
Met citaat reageren
Oud 21 mei 2013, 17:40
Veteraan

Standaard

Hoi Marieke,

Het gesprek ging op zich goed. Helaas ben ik niet uitgenodigd voor de volgende ronde.

Voor mij was het nieuw om met iemand van een werving- en selectiebureau een gesprek te hebben. Zelf had ik een paar keer het idee dat ik daardoor minder op de inhoud van de functie kon ingaan wat uiteindelijk jammer was want dat was wel de motivatie om me niet uit te nodigen voor een vervolggesprek/ voorstelgesprek bij de organisatie zelf. Ik ben werkzaam in een branche waar ik geen opleiding voor heb gedaan, voor deze functie hadden ze liever iemand met een sterkere theoretische achtergrond.

Wat wel fijn was om te horen is dat ze wel enthousiast over me waren. Ze vervullen regelmatig functies waarbij ze juist iemand zoeken die breed georiënteerd is en zich snel in nieuwe materie kan verdiepen. Ze houden m'n cv dan ook graag in hun bestand en ze hebben gezegd dat ik niet vreemd moet opkijken als ze me bellen.

Waar ik nog even over zit te denken is of ik nog een mailtje zal sturen waarin ik aangeef dat ik in het gesprek juist het idee had dat ik m'n vakinhoudelijke kennis tijdens het gesprek niet voldoende over het voetlicht heb kunnen brengen omdat ik een paar keer als antwoord heb gekregen: Tja, dat is wat te inhoudelijk; dat is iets wat je in een volgend gesprek zou moeten vragen want dan zit er iemand van de afdeling waar je komt te werken aan tafel.

Of zou dat zuur over komen? (Ben ik niet hoor. Ben eigenlijk best tevreden dat ik voor het eerst in het Engels gesolliciteerd heb, in een voor mij nieuwe sector en dat ik meteen uitgenodigd ben voor een gesprek en dat ik feedback krijg waaruit ik mag opmaken dat ze me heel goed zien functioneren in de sector maar dat er voor deze functie sterkere kandidaten waren.)
Met citaat reageren
Oud 22 mei 2013, 00:46
Lid

Yogi is on a distinguished road
Standaard Wat goed zeg....

Wat een geweldig verhaal. Goed gedaan, ondanks dat je niet verder bent gekomen. Dit is fijn voor je zelfvertrouwen.

Groetjes Marie-Claire
Met citaat reageren
Reageren

Favorieten/bladwijzers

Discussietools Zoek in deze discussie
Zoek in deze discussie:

Geavanceerd zoeken
Weergave

Regels voor berichten